Overnight Camp Nurse
Guard Up, Inc.’s Wizards & Warriors Summer Camps is a unique fantasy adventure camp for kids ages 7 and up located on a 50 acre campus in Reading MA. Guard Up is seeking a registered nurse or LPN to oversee the general health and safety of all campers and staff. Duties include administering camper’s prescription medications, assessing and treating minor illnesses and injuries, maintaining health logs, and providing orientation and guidance to camp staff in regards to illness and injury prevention.
The Camp Nurse must be available beginning Wednesday, July 3rd for a one day orientation & consultation with our Health Care Consultant. Session runs from Saturday, July 6th – Saturday, August 10th. Salary is $2200 – $2700 D.O.E for five weeks (note that other staff must work 6 weeks); room and all meals are also included. Overnight residency is required for 6 out of 7 days (7th day is optional). Nurse gets one day off each week and is provided telephone support by our camp’s Health Care Consultant (Licensed Physician Assistant). To apply, paste cover letter into body of form here: Summer Camp Nurse Job Opening
Purpose: to further the mission of the camp through the planning and delivery of activities at the camp’s waterfront that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the camper’s age and abilities. Provide management to the physical operation of the waterfront’s facilities and equipment.
Essential Job Functions include:
Qualifications (Minimum qualifications and experience):
Compensation based upon experience, $2400 – $3000 for six weeks (must be available: June 30 – August 11). This is an overnight position with onsite residency required. Note: All applications must have a cover letter detailing why you wish to work for our company and each of the skill sets required. Paste cover letter into body of form here: Summer Camp Waterfront Director Job Opening
1) 6 days a week for 6 weeks: up to $2570 plus room/board
2) Can use own HD camera or ours (Panasonic HC-V700M). Must have own computer, high quality editing software and royalty free music for editing to bring to camp.
3) Training Week: Shoot each day and edit after dinner. Should produce an edited short each evening. Also edit on CPR certification day. Objective is to produce a Training Video for documentation/training purposes.
4) During Camp: Each day shoot a short video (3-5 mins) for Youtube that covers the day’s activities and/or testimonials.
5) High physical endurance a must – at times, you will be on your feet and moving for up to 8 hours a day. Then editing after dinner.
6) Must reside on site except for day off
7) Comfortable interviewing campers and parents – outgoing and kind personality who knows how to get shy kids and parents to talk for the camera.
8 ) Must have online portfolio of work for viewing as part of resume – include link with resume. Online portfolio MUST contain sample work of live footage (instead of just staged/scripted footage).
9) CORI SORI criminal background check must be clean as well as min of 3 strong business references
10) Must have experience working with kids
Gig runs from June 30 – August 11. Pay is up to $2570 for season (depending on experience and equipment) plus room and board. This is an overnight position with onsite residency required. To be hired as a contractor, you must have liability insurance.
Note: All applications must have a cover letter detailing why you wish to work for our company and each of the skill sets required. Paste cover letter into body of form here: Summer Camp Digital Film Maker Job Opening
To further the mission of Wizards & Warriors Camps by overseeing the overall food-service operation of the camp including menu development, purchasing, preparation, nutrition, service, sanitation, regulatory compliance, personnel hiring and management, customer service, and record keeping.
• Onsite Availability is required from June 28 – August 11 (includes kitchen set-up & break-down). Meetings required before then to establish menu, schedule, etc.
• Responsible for selecting, interviewing, hiring and managing secondary chef and support.
• Manage the daily operations of the camp food and dining service including coordinating activities between the kitchen and dining room.
• Develop and maintain a program and kitchen facility that meets all pertinent state and local regulations.
• Oversee the inventory and ordering of food, equipment, and supplies and arrange for the routine maintenance, sanitation, and upkeep of the camp kitchen, its equipment, and facilities.
• Manage food and staffing within allotted budget
• Experience in institutional or large food service setting.
• Knowledge of and experience in food service: ordering, inventory, budgeting, food preparation, family-style serving, buffet serving, cleaning, and institutional kitchen equipment.
• Must hold current certification or licensure for operating a kitchen in Massachusetts.
• Ability to work within a budget and purchase supplies efficiently.
• Experience in supervision.
• Knowledge of current state and local health and safety laws and practices is essential.
• Knowledge of and experience in preparation of special dietary foods.
• Ability to communicate with parents, staff, and administration about camper food related concerns.
Salary range is $3425 – $4285 for the season depending on experience. Note: All applications must have a cover letter detailing why you wish to work for our company and each of the skill sets required. Summer Camp Head Chef Job Opening
Note: All applications must have a cover letter detailing why you wish to work for our company and each of the skill sets required. Paste cover letter into body of form here: Summer Camp Overnight Logistics Assistant Job Opening
Are you / Do you:
If you responded “yes” to each of the above, then you should consider applying to staff at our camp!
Our camp counselors receive one of the highest pay rates in the industry. We provide training, costumes (although you can bring your own!), props, make up, and foam weapons.
In return, our expectations are high. We require you to be responsible, flexible, and reliable. You must fully embrace and adhere to the concept that this camp is for the campers, which means that all of our staff are having the most amount of fun when our campers are having tons of fun. As such, the roles you play and the positions you hold are always in service of the entertainment value. We all have favorite characters we enjoy playing, but what is more important is if the campers like the characters (or at least like fighting them).
We only invite back staff who meet our high level of performance. It is an exhausting, demanding job that requires both physical and mental endurance. But you will have the time of your life and we can guarantee that you will never be bored!
All camp staff are required to have previous experience working with kids and teens and be at least 18 years of age. Acting experience is not necessary, but does help. We’re interested in mature decision makers – counselors and performers who like to take part in a creative, improvisational environment – but always with safety foremost in their mind. You must be exceptionally reliable and a good communicator. Punctuality is necessary as the nature of these activities requires precision timing. Professionalism is mandatory.
Please note that Wizards & Warriors Camp is owned and run by parents. Our own children attend these camps. Safety is our highest concern. We expect that it will be yours as well.
References required. Must be available: June 30 – August 11.
Summer Camp Overnight Counselor positions pay is $1970 – $2485 (depending on experience and schedule) for 6 weeks plus room and board (includes paid training). This is an overnight position with onsite residency required.
Summer Camp Day/Quest Counselor positions pay is up to $1800 (depending on experience and schedule) for 6 weeks plus lunch (includes paid training).
Summer Day/Quest Camp hours are 9am-4pm (or as early as 7am and as late as 6pm) for up to 6 weeks and counselors do not reside at the camp. Residential/Overnight Summer Camp is 6 weeks with one or two days off each week and counselors are required to reside at the camp (except for their day off).
All staff, performers, and volunteers must submit to a CORI and SORI Background Check, intensive screening, and reference check.
The best candidates are…
No experience in swordsmanship is necessary. We will train you!
Camp Counselor roles include:
We also have summer camp jobs for the following staff positions:
Note: Entertainers need only be available for one day each week.
Before filling out this form: We are certainly interested in your previous experience with theater arts, roleplaying and other skills… but the most important skill of all is your ability to work with children and teens. Please make sure to include a full history of your experience working with kids including children with special needs or work history with summer camp jobs, mentor programs, teaching, etc.
Note: All applications must have a cover letter detailing why you wish to work for our company and each of the skill sets required. Paste cover letter into body of form here: Summer Camp Counselor Job Opening